Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ICE CONDITIONS

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Went out this morning found some safe ice east of the marina it was spotty. 2 inches in places but mostly about 4 to 5 inches. Caught about 40 gill with about ten keepers.
turkey09

Icebug84

• View Profile
Hey thanks Turkey for the update, it sounds like you had a pretty good day of fishing. I've only ever ice fished on private ponds, and I would like to branch out on some bigger lakes around the area. Is charles mill a pretty popular spot?
Kyle

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Went there again today with a buddy. We only seen 3 other anglers all day. Not many people fish it. We caught a mix of crappie and blue gill today. About 80 fish. We kept 4 nice crappie and 15 gills. Had my line snapped at the hole once. If u want to get together and fish sometime just PM me.
turkey09

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
 There was a lot going on there today. They had the Polar Bear Plunge there today so there was some open water near the shore east of the marina that's where they were swimming. It looked like there was alot of water on the ice all over the lake. Ice was definitely not safe. Everybody please check your own ice. Also looked like they lowered the lake level about 3 feet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:10:22 PM by TURKEY09 »
turkey09

Icebug84

• View Profile
That dosen't sound good. Hopefuly it'll freeze up again soon.
Kyle

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I hope so to. I've already pushed my vacation back once.  ???
turkey09

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Has anybody checked the ice today mon. jan. 3rd?
turkey09

Vexilar