Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice conditions for Mogadore and Wingfoot

Mogadore BaitTackle

• View Profile
 The ice conditions of both lakes are not safe yet. If the snow will stay away, for the next week we're looking at high temps of 31 (at best) and the nights falling into the low teens. Under those conditions it won't take long.

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
I heard a report of 4 + inches off Palm Rd.... Any confirmation on this? What time will you guys be open Saturday?
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Mogadore BaitTackle

• View Profile
 i cant confirm the report on palm, there's always people out there before the ice is safe. we had a skim of ice then got 8 in of snow followed by a rain snow mix, then came the below freezing temps so if theres 4 inches i doubt its solid. i should have a better report later this evening and ill post it as soon i get it. our hours of operation are as follows: mon - sat 8am till 5:30pm and sun 8am till 5pm
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:42:41 PM by Mogadore BaitTackle »

Mogadore BaitTackle

• View Profile
Ice conditions on Mogadore are 3 to 6 at Palm Rd. 2 to 5 at Congress on the east side and 2 to 6 by the boat house. This rain should get rid of the snow and the cold next week will really put the ice on! Good catch on gills morning and late in the day with a few perch, mostly on East congress.  Wingfoot ice is 2 to 6 over most the lake with good catches of gills some good crappie and a few perch. Mostly about 10 to 14ft of water.  For more info call us here at Mogadore Bait & Tackle. Remember our ice reports are averages always check the ice youself, so be carefull
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:30:25 AM by Mogadore BaitTackle »

Vexilar