Ice Fish Ohio Forum

C.J. this evening

1catdaddy1

• View Profile
 doing a job just down the street from c.j.-so I can check things out after work.stopped tonite at the marina-about inch and a half to two inches there right know,but you can fish off the docks.i fished for about 45 min. just to fool around for a few-lots of hungry fish,but all fairly small(crappie and bluegill.)was making ice while i was there-very noisy and could even feel the dock move when the big pops came.indian this weekend!

1catdaddy1

• View Profile
 Stopped by again this morning,got out on the ice in the marina,anywhere from 3"-4" of good ice.fished for about an hour-just some little guys again.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Thanks for the updates!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

MDBuckeye

• View Profile

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I am going down this morning for an ice check, I'll post on here when I get back home.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

bruce136

• View Profile
 Went to the marina today. Ice is 3 to 3 1/2 inches around the docks. The 2 of us caught 6 crappie, 1 bass and 21 blue gill, only 4 keepers. Fished for about 2 hours. 

1catdaddy1

• View Profile
fished tonite between 3:30 and 5:00,caught small gills on almost every drop,caught possibly 6 keepers-no crappie,but fishing in a spot known to hold gills (rockpile)-still only 3&1/2-4 inches of ice in the marina.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Saw Bruce today! "Fished" about 25 minutes, not really trying.... just wanted to make a video that I have now posted.

Went over to see Sam at Boathouse Bait down by the Dam. He's got a lot in stock right now from shanties to some nice inexpensive HT Rods. Nice store if you ask me!
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

bruce136

• View Profile
Ratherbefishing,
 It was nice seeing you. Thanks for showing us the Vex. I enjoy seeing them work, but I still like the primative ways, LOL. I moved over to your hole when you left and caught 11 in a short period of time. The bass and 2 keeper crappies came out of that hole. All were put back though. We will have to get out. Thinking about going to Kiser or Indian tomorrow.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It was nice to see you guys too! When I have time to fish we'll have to get on there again!
I told you they were acting like crappie! Next time I'm going to move on down a little way... closer to the inlet.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake