Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Safety Series: Video #1 Lake Depth

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have started posting videos with regard to the conditions that effect the growth of ice.

I shot one this morning at C.J. Brown and decided to post it right away, after hearing that a couple of kids ran right out onto the ice without anybody stopping them.

Please remember that the ice may still be very unpredictable.

Here is a brief explanation of why Lake Depth plays such a big role in ice formation.

Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Nice video Ratherbe. Thats what I love about this site everybody takes the time to think safety first. I have a 10 year old daughter who I wouldn't to grow up without a father. So I always think safety 1st. And by the this will be her 1st year on the ice and she is very excited. She sometimes sits with me in the evenings and reads everybodies post with me. Thanks for the video you did a great job.
turkey09

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Good job Ratherbe I want to remind everyone watch your children and if you can go a step further and lookout for others , I had my boys out yesterday and my youngest broke the rule of going out past the shanty, it happened so fast one of my buddies saw him but it could have been a bad deal he was pretty close to where there is just a glaze of ice. We go over the rules everytime we go out but remember they are children and their minds get to wondering as the day goes on Be Safe Dave

Vexilar