Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Berlin 12-22

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Fished the roadbed from sunrise to around 930.. rolled 3 in 20fow.. i fished vibees tight to bottom. it was def slow didnt see any fish caught.. So decided to make a move.. I fished the east shoreline humps around a 1000 yrds north of Less's on the north side of 224..in 15fow for the remainder of the day.. I rolled a couple as soon as i got there and lost im guessing around a 7 lber at the hole just a absolute pig. couldnt get her head to come up through the hole she made a few runs back down after seeing daylight and my vibee hooked the bottom of the ice and that was all she wrote.. she came off i ended up with a wet arm for the rest of the day.. Ended up turning on big time in the evening. the last 2 hours of light was great. Caught and released around 15 shorts.. and ended up with 2 one at 18 and one at 16. rolled at least 20 fish in the last hour or so of light.. i fished 3/16 to 3/8 vibees bigger fish came on the bigger profile vibee 1/4s and 3/8s hot colors today were firetiger.. yellow tiger..gold tiger..solid gold and blue glitter all picked up fish. Short hops from 6 to 12 inchs seem to be the ticket.. fish were in the mudd.. tight to the ground. took a lil ticing to get em up to fire.  Ice was around 3 inchs. closer to 3 than 2. some spots with snow on the ice is thinner. so be careful if you venture out and stay clear of the spring holes. their hard to see but i noticed they were wet on my way back in.

A@C

• View Profile
Way to go Freak! Thought your luck might change after your move. What a long day bro, atleast you didn't leave just before they started. Lots of new tackle at the shop,hope I get a chance to fish before long. Reports where lots of fish yesterday and slower today. Looks like some clear ice under your dinner, hope to see you soon.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Freak i think its time for us central ohio boys to learn how to catch them. I think a rd trip to A@C is in the works. Are you off during the week?

Also, Please make sure you take a Walleye online entry form out with you to enter those Walleye's.

Great report and great catch!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

A@C

• View Profile
Hey Dave,would be great to have you! Fishin has been good, hope the weekend forecast doesn't screw things up. Let me know when your coming, I'll have the coffee on. 

EYELANDER75

• CLAM CORP EMPLOYEE
    • View Profile
SOUNDS REALLY GOOD OUT THERE MAY HAVE TO GIVE IT A TRY SOMETIME. ANY POINTERS ON WHERE TO START? IVE NEVER FISHED INLAND ONLY FISHED ERIE DURING HARDWATER SEASON. IS THERE ANY LOCAL PARKING THAT IS KEPT CLEAR OF SNOW?
THANKS ,
           VINCE

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Dave, would love for you central boys to come up and hit Berlin w us. Maybe we can do a walleye trip for saugeye trip trade?? Been killin me with your guys's reports down there on buckeye and indian. Warm up coming on saturday. not sure what the runoff is gonna do to the edges. especially on berlin. And yes im laid off and off during the week. Parking lots are kept up with for the most part. Chuck at A&C takes care of em if they dont get hit by the county or state. I have a rear wheel drive truck and i dont have any problems. Most of the parking access areas are flat.. I'm gonna have to find someone that is able to download the Adobe reader or already has it on their computer mine isnt able to. But if i get around to finding someone with a printer adn adobe ill go ahead and print out a few forms.

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Eyelander.. start shallow wherever you go.and if you dont get any takers move deeper. . they can be anywhere from 12 to 22fow.. most guys dont fish any more than 12 to 18. shallow to deep breaks on just about any flat or point holds fish. Just a matter of gettin a feeding school. Or a few singles..The "Roadbed" is a popular spot. just north of it you'll see a pack of guys you can usually talk to just about any of the guys out there and they'll give you a heads up on how the bite has been and what might be working that day or the day before.. Reservoir fishing is tuff. Especially on berlin their here today gone tomorrow. Hardly ever is there a feeding school in a particular spot for more than 3 days. Thats my own personal experience. But there are some nice walleyes there. A couple 10lbers were caught last yr north of 224 around the road bed. Vibees are your popular go to baits. and 95% of the time thats what i fish with.3/16 to 3/8.. different vibration hones in each size sometime a different pitch will trigger em to fire. Other baits are your jiggn raps and jiggn shad raps..these have turned into being popular fish catchers as well.

EYELANDER75

• CLAM CORP EMPLOYEE
    • View Profile
thanks for the info freak now just waitin on the new shelter!!!
THANKS ,
           VINCE

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
What kind are you getting? I just purchased a new one and shelters in general always interest me.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

EYELANDER75

• CLAM CORP EMPLOYEE
    • View Profile
im getting the new clam summit thermal it is supposed to be up to 30 degrees warmer than their older shelters it has nice size to it 6'x8' and sets up in less than a minute. check out the video at clamcorp.com . cant wait to try it out everyone in the company says they are great. they retail at 350.00 and my employee discount is 119.00 talk about mark up!!!!
THANKS ,
           VINCE

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Um...pretty awesome that you work at Clam Corp! Dream job much. This icefishing thing is more than just something to get me by in the winter, softwater fishing is something to get ME by. I look forward to hard water all year long.

Is there any truth to the rumors that Clam has reduced it's quality recently. Like a post read " if you can find a used clam from 2 years ago buy it because the quality of the stuff that is coming out now stinks" Were there any changes to the way you make your product, materials used ect?

I am curious because I am a Clam guy usually- have a Suit, Chair and had a shanty till I sold the thing two weekends ago. Went to buy another Clam Corp 2000 and they were sold out so I opted for Frabill's Refuge instead. Now I just look weird, all Clam'd out in my Frabill...oh well :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

EYELANDER75

• CLAM CORP EMPLOYEE
    • View Profile
UNFORTUNATELY THEY DID HAVE QUITE A FEW PROBLEMS AND HAVE SINCE THEN RESTRUCTURED THE LOCATIONS(CHINA) THAT THEY WERE HAVING THEM MADE AND GOING BACK TO MAKING ALOT OF THE MERCHANDISE STATE SIDE BACK IN PLYMOUTH MINNESOTA.  THIS IS WHY ALOT OF THEIR MERCHANDISE (SUITS ,CHAIRS ,GLOVES,ROD LOCKERS AND SUCH ARE SOLD OUT) BEEN SOLD OUT BASICALLY ALL YEAR, MOST ITEMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL WINTER OF 2011. ANY RETAILER THAT HAS ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN STOCK HAS OLD STOCK. MY BOSS OWNS THE CLAM CORP AND SEVEN OTHER COMPANIES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ICE FISHING. I ACTUALLY WORK FOR ONE OF THOSE OTHER COMPANIES NATIONWIDE FIXTURE INSTALLATIONS(IN SAME BUILDING AS CLAM)BUT I DO NOT GO THERE BUT ONCE A YEAR FOR THE FOREMANS YEAR END MEETING. LIKE I TELL EVERYONE I MEET ACROSS THE US WHEN THEY ASK WHERE IM FROM I SAY I OWN A HOUSE IN BRUNSWICK OHIO BUT I JUST ACTUALLY VACATION THERE. ITS GREAT TO GET THE DISCOUNT FROM CLAM BUT MY JOB HAS ITS DOWNSIDES (OWN A 25' SPORTCRAFT IN STORAGE AT MY BROTHERS PLACE PLYMOUTH SHORE STORAGE ) UP IN MARBLEHEAD AND HASNT SEEN WATER IN FIVE YEARS. KIND OF HARD TO USE WHEN I USUALLY COME OFF THE ROAD IN BEGINNING OF DECEMBER AND GONE BEFORE  ERIE SPRING JIG BITE. REALLY CANT WAIT TO GET OUT ON BERLIN THESE REPORTS BETWEEN IFO AND OGF HAVE GOT ME FIRED UP. LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE
THANKS ,
           VINCE

Vexilar