Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Clam 2 man flip HELP!!!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
OK, so I'm not made of money. I'm looking @ the Nanook or Yukon and I can see that the Yukon has more head room. is there anything else I'm missing? Also does anyone have the thermal version of anything clam? is it worth the extra $$$. I would also be interested in the Eskimo quick flip 2 if i could see  one up close, I'm worried about the seats i don't want a bench because my partner is 5 1/2 and she enjoyed the swivel seats in the floor models @ Cabelas.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I just bought the yukon and man is it sweet The thermal units are great but unless you fish in sub zero temps I think you will be okay with the regular clam I have put the heater on in mine and after 10 minutes I had to open the doors
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The thermal unit is overkill for the short ice season in Ohio.

I have the Clam Nanook.  Nice & roomy for 1, serviceable for 2, but a little cramped.

The Eskimos are far better quality than the Clams.  If you can afford one, get it. (You can always modify or remove the seat).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 08:49:08 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I bought the clam scout nice shanty, but junk for hardware, saw some people on the ice with clam shanties, they all had the same problem, bolt heads breaking off with little torque . I thought mine was a rare case but seems Clam should check into the hardware they are suppling with the shanty.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I was thinking of the thermal because they say they don’t have the moisture issues that the normal tents have as well as the durability. I think I’m going with the Nanook because for the most part I’m alone and don’t think the space is worth the extra $
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I can tell you that all shanties with any type of metal in them have moisture issues. If the Thermal reduces the amount of moisture your shanties metal is exposed to, the longer it will last. I usually rub down the metal of my shanty with some gun grease before and after ice seasons to reduce oxidization.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Banker I think your lying about your shanty because we never see you and it together except for pics hahaha just kiddin brother
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
based on the advice of a 5 year old girl I bought the Yukon. LOL  ;D
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard