Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Which pop up?

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
I'm looking at getting a 6x8 pop up. Ive been reading a lot of pros and cons. What do you think? I want to be able to fit 3 people.

Are 3 man sled hard to pull?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:09:30 PM by zoeconner »
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

Bigpapa

• View Profile
Three man sleds are heavy, unless your pulling it with a quad or a sled. 3 man pop ups aren't much better. It takes two people to set it up and three if it's windy. Before you spend the money, go out on the ice and check them out. Most guys will give you an honest review of there shanty.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Take a look at Frabill Refuge, It sits 3 and is light -45lbs. Folds up like a suitcase and can be set up easily with one person. They compare to the Clam Corp 2000, but because of how the miiddle of the 2000 is molded up, there is only room for 2.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

let it freeze

• View Profile
I had a Frabil 2 man it looks like the refuge.I didn't like it cause I didn't have aplace to store mygear when it was folded up and when the wind was blowing 1 man couldn't set it up.Now I have a flipover love it.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I agree with Big Pappa, Find the units that your interested in and see if someone on the site has one you can check out. # man sleds will be heavy to pull. A 3 man tent will work as long as you have the other guy's there to help set it up.

I use the 2 man expedition. It is easy to set up but sometimes is hard to put back down when the feet get tangled. I always tear down by myself and if i had another person to hold and pull the edges while i am collapsing than i think it would be fine. If you tether the tent down than it is very stable.

Good luck and maybe someone is using a good 3 man.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
I have the Frabill Trekker 2 man flipover and I like it alot.... Easy setup,gear storage,comes with 2 chairs with backrests. Sometimes the wind is a factor but, I just stack a little snow behind the sled and it works well.... But we all know that on super windy days to always keep one person at all times in the shanty. I learned that lesson, cost me all my minnows one time, When my shanty decided it wanted to fish a new spot without me!!!!!!! LOL..............
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i have been using a quickfish 2 portable 2 years now and i really like it now i wish i would have gotten the quickfish 4 ....lots more room ...one person can put it up and its pretty light
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar