Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Please welcome IceBucketJohn to the pro staff!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I would like to thank IceBucketJohn to the pro staff. John will be giving us reports from all over the North East Ohio, as he is a very experienced ice fisherman. He also has these credentials to his name.

Professionally, I'm a Watershed Ranger for the City of Akron with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Fish & Wildlife Mgmt from West Virginia University. (I've also worked as a freshwater fisheries biological aid for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Utility Forester for Davey Tree and a Freshwater Fishery Biologist as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer in Colombia, South America.

City of Akron Watershed Rangers are responsible for protecting & patrolling the Upper Cuyahoga River Watershed that encompasses the surface drinking waters supply for Akron & surrounding communities including the 19,000 acres owned by Akron in Portage, Summit & Geauga Counties. 

Our reservoirs include Ladue, East Branch, Rockwell, Pippen & Mogadore. There are numerous other lakes within the watershed including Aquilla, Punderson, Little Punderson and others too numerous to mention.

Thanks again for joining us and we look forward to your posts.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
welcome icebucket glad to have you on pro staff
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looking forward to sharing ideas, drilling holes and tellin' bigger fish tales than all of you!

Seriously, if I can help in anyway towards improving Ohio's waters and subsequently better fishing, let me know.

PS.. I'm strictly a hardwater fisherman... i.e. a Jesus Fisherman... "when I can walk on it, that's when I'm fishin.  Inland Lake type of ice fisherman.... havent been on Erie in decades.

.... Born & raised in the Akron area... Been on the ice for over 50 yrs.... familiar with Portage Lakes.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Welcome to the Pro Staff. Im in your area and would like to meet up sometime and learn a few things. I grew up fishing PL and Nim. but have moved to Randolph and fish Wingfoot and Mogadore mainly. If you would like to fish sometime let me know.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

ice phisher

• View Profile
Well my fishin buddy......Guess I get to WELCOME you to a new and growing site..... as a Pro Staffer.......You will lend a great on site report to this forum.... being all the bodies of water you come across in your job.......David Hoheisel has done a great job in getting this site up and going for "ICER'S".....And with this sport growing each new season (which I, as an old timer, am totally glad to see) this site hopefully will continue to rise to meet the demands. I totally enjoy the hours that we get to spend on the ice......so I hope that this season will be one of the best.....Good fishin to you and may your "icebucket" stay full........jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

freakofnature13

• View Profile
welcome icebucketjohn. Looking forward to reading your posts and helping other icefishohio members. welcome!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Please note: While I can post general information of lakes within the Upper Cuyahoga River Watershed (Geauga, Portage & Summit Counties), I AM OFFICIALLY PROHIBITTED FROM STATING ICE CONDITIONS... WHETHER SAFE OR UNSAFE.

I'LL CONTINUE TO POST FIELD OBSERVATIONS OF ICE FISHING ACTIVITY AND CATCH RESULTS WITHIN MY CAPACITY AS A CITY OF AKRON WATERSHED RANGER, BUT PLEASE REALIZE I AM NOT, CANNOT, NOR WILL NOT REPORT THE ACTUAL SAFE OR UNSAFE ICE CONDITIONS.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:42:55 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
We are good with that. Welcome to the Pro Staff.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar