Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Berlin 12-23

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Sorry for the late post.. Just havent had a chance to get on the computer. Been doing alright on the eyes for the past few days... plenty of shorts to keep ya busy through the day.. small windows of feeding time at dawn and dusk seem to be the time to capatalize if your going to get em. You have to be ready. sometimes it may only last a half hour or more. but that time is usually hott! Ive been throwing back the 15 to 15 n half inch fish.. to grow another day  and keeping the 16s and up. I noticed the shad are changing colors and it is very important to keep an eye on the shad.. that will give you a heads up on what color might be the ticket. you may see them swimming in your hole. One color might be good one day but another the next important to keep up with the hatch and clarity plays an important role as well. i believe MY OWN OPINION.. natural colors in good visibility water 0-18 inchs or more and your hott colors for stand or muddy waters. It has worked alright for me following that guidline.. Im not pulling limits of keepers but a few fish a day. and of course shorts. But plenty of lost fish have me wondering :-) If you have a flasher unit.. Marcum or vex.. ive noticed that if the shad are present.. there usually is walleye near. Not always the case.. The weather and Barometric pressure is another tool i use. sometime when its lower than norm or steady they will hug the bottom more. sometimes you wont even mark a fish and bang your bringin one up. Quite a few times ive pulled them up with mud on their bodies.. Again just another tool to add to your list of stuff to remember when your targeting Berlin eyes.

Vexilar