Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Atwood 12-27

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Fished the point west of Yacht club.. the same area everyone usually fishes. Fished with a couple friends of mine who havent made it out yet to atwood. We fished from around 150 to 5pm.. Everyone seemed to be packin it in for the day im assuming they were there since morning. talked to a few guys that said they couldnt get em to hit a minnow and some guys said they couldnt get a fish to bite in over an hr and half. We fished mainly from 8 to 11fow. between the 3 of us our gloves were solid ice from handling so many fish. it was up and down for the most part. My buddys were using waxworms on bigger style attracter pimples with drop single hooks. Green in color. they got some really nice gills 8 to 9n half inchs. and of course the 6 to 8 inch crappies. Only managed one keeper crappie during that time between the 3 of us.. and plenty of white bass. I fished white and glow soft plastic tails on white and glow jigs. fishing with 3lb test made it hard when the white bass came in. had a few break offs. but kept steady with little crappie and gills. Gills seemed to be a ft off bottom to bottom and the same with whitebass. occasionally a few high would chase in a bumch of shad and i would pick a few then. crappies were of course suspended most of the time. Coming in schools it was up and down for the most part the whole time. until my hands got cold then i would just relax a few. Ice was everybit around 8 inchs? it was good clear solid ice as well. I dont think a day warm up is going to hurt this lake as good as the ice looks. Could be wrong but treat no ice as "safe ice" Morning bite to afternoon seems to be better. Sorry no pics as i didnt keep any fish gave them to the guys i was fishing with but we ended up with 25 keeper gills and 4 whitebass and 1 keeper crappie

Apex

• View Profile
Thinking of heading out there tomorrow. Ill send you a PM and maybe we will meet up somewhere.

Vexilar