Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Deleware res ice fishing?

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Anyone ever fish this place through the ice, just wondering as i have never heard of many people fishing it. i would like to try it out. You could get some great crappie through the ice there. Was more concerned with areas NOT to go if anyone knows any. A starting place would be good to but not necessary. thanks to any one with info

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I don't know firsthand because I got stuck in a snow bank when I tried to fish it last year, stay as far away from the Dam as possible- stick to inlets and coves for the safest ice is what I was told last year when trying to fish Deleaware Lake, The res is a bit north of the lake and I tried to find an access but as mentioned above got stuck..
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I may give it a shot if everything firms back up

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I really haven't fished it much either and never through the ice but that may change this season if we get good ice back.  I live up in Delaware so between Delaware and Alum I have a couple of decent impoundments to fish if we can get good ice again.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I'm only about 15 min from del and I am on it hard during soft water. I plan on hitting it sometime this year if at all possible.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think it could be a access issue. I know it has great crappies in it.

It also has steep walls that are hard to get down. I know there is a big creek arm at the back ramp that would be able to fish and a nice flat across the first ramp that has stumps on it.

I say we need to investigate it as a team. Lets wait till things firm up and give it a shot. It could be a hidden treasure!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

Bob

• View Profile
i live right down the road at alum so let me know if you guys head out to Delaware i help find um!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Sounds like a plan. If any of the guys that live close maybe get a ice conditon at the ramps would help us before get started. I am thinking in a week or so.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Depending on how it goes at Alum tonight I may give Delaware up north in one of the creek arms a shot tomorrow after work.  Either that or I'm taking the drive over to Indian a little early...   ;D

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
if you go let us know how the ice is. I am not going to be able to make it to indian sat so I am going to fish hard on sun.

Vexilar