Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12/29/10

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I'm heading up tomorrow with a few other friends of mine. Were meeting the Causeway Bait Shop at 7 am if anyone wants to meet up.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
Let us know how your day was.... Any info would help.. Was hoping to get out tomorrow to Skeeter for the first time this year.... Thanks alot!!
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
We didnt do very good. There was 4 of us that went up. We parked at the bouy line and walked to the island. Fished around the north east side of the island for an hour with no fish. 2 of the other guys stayed there all day and caught 5 nice crappie. I moved from the island towards the middle of the lake and then cut north all the way to the bouy line. I drilled a hole at least every 50 to 100 ft. I drilled well over 100 holes. I rarely marked fish all day. I only caught 2 gills and 2 perch. We totaled 10 fish between 4 guys and we fished from 730am to 6 pm. 6 crappie, 2 perch and 2 gills. Maybe it was the weather, maybe i wasnt in the right spots but drilling that many holes all over the lake you would have thought I would have marked more fish. Im going to try getting back up soon. Next time I will fish out of the Causeway. I have some spots I want to fish. Also watch out for the big hole where the atv or whatever it was went through. I dont remember excatly where it was but you will know it when you see it. You cant miss it.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

phishyone1

• When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
    • View Profile
Ended up going Friday.. Went out of cemetary at daybreak. Fished till 2pm. We ended the day with 2 crappie and 1 lost eyes.. Eye was small, crappies were big..  All in all, Was great day to be fishing.. Ice was melting fast.. By time we left there was 2-3in of standing water on surface.... Hope it cools off again soon...
Thank you,
Pete Sekerak (Phishyone1)

Vexilar