Banker · 8 · 5051

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
"I have never seen anything that big come out of O'Shaunasee" - Spike
"That thing was all of ten inches" - Dave K
"Would have been a Fish Ohio (11 inches) if it had grown as long as it did thick" - Scott A
This was a massive gill. Sorry the picture is so small- having problems pulling it off my phone for some reason. I have attached them both to this post as well.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great fish Banker. I cant take that entry with out the ruler in it so i moved it to general discusion.

Sorry!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

ice phisher

• View Profile
Banker....Congrat's on such a nice panfish.I dont know where you checked on the Fish Ohio Status for your fish....But lookin at the on line and Ohio Fishing Regulations Pamphlet....under Fish Ohio Qualifiyng sizes it only lists Sunfish and at 9 inches to qualify....You mention {quote;  "Would have been a Fish Ohio (11 inches) if it had grown as long as it did thick} The only reason that I was interested was.... since you lost out on it being entered in the IFO contest because of a ruler (rule) on your picture.....It would be a shame to also not feel it was the correct size for Fish Ohio also and not check it out further. I believe that bluegills and all the sunfishes are lumped into one catagory.....just as there is only one catagory for crappie  and not (White crappie and Black Crappie listings)If you find out something other than what I believe to be true....Please post your results.....to also help keep me informed.....So for now, good luck in a quest for that Fish Ohio Pin......jON sR. PS.Why not be rewarded for the "BIGGEST ONE OF THOSE TO COME OUT OF O'SHAUNASEE." as you say.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

g

• View Profile
a fish oho bluegill length is 9 inches so yours qualifies as a fish ohio. great job.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NICE
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Nice Catch
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great fish Scott
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

let it freeze

• View Profile
Just looked at the regs.sunfish is 9in.Bluegills are a member of the sunfish family.So Banker u have your fish oh.Congrates!

Vexilar