Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum Docks on the 31st

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey Guy's.

I hit the docks on the 31st. It was the safest place to be but only Bluegills were biting.

It was nice to meet FishSlim there.

I was also able to fish with DaveK and his neice. I set her up with the Vex and and rod. After figuring out the Vex which took maybe took 2 fish. She wipped dave's butt 20 to 2. I think we have a new icefisherwoman in the world. Good going Dave K.

There was not one crappie in the creek. This creek is funny. You could go the next day and it will be loaded.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Very cool about the niece getting the best of her Uncle.
BTW, fishslim is a master on the softwater for saugeye...  If you ever get a chance to meet him try and get some tips.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Yes he is the best. Its hard to get info from the good ones because they do there home work and know when and where to go. They tend to keep it to themselves. However, If you keep your eyes open and watch them you can also pick up on there secrets.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Slim is a good guy if you start talkign to him you can get some good tips. i have had the pleasure of fishing with him and he is the man when it comes to eyes. As mentioned he does alot of homework and scouting work, it takes practice and TIME to get that good.

Vexilar