Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Arctic Armour Suit for Safety

ice phisher

• View Profile
Last ice season would have been my "last season on the frozen water" after making my way into the water.....after two bad ice incounters.....not going into great details.....but managed to get out of both situations wet and concerned for my well being. After the last mis-hap......I promised my wife and myself that I was done as an "Icer".......I got rid of tons of my gear....and was reserved to the fact.... ice fishing was now a thing of my past. But.....One of my close friends and fishing companions just happens to totally love ice fishing and he started to kid me along (last fall)about not being able to give it up after never missing a season on the ice for over 50+ years straight....and he was right. It was going to be very difficult. I began to think of ways to prolong my decision.....Then... while reading an article on ice fishing, I dialed in on mention of a floation suit....ARCTIC ARMOUR by idigear has revolutionized cold weather activities with their light weight suits of Insultex(tm) which is windproof/waterproof/and buoyant....weighs only six pounds and will float up 850lbs. .......I am in the second week of using my new one, and am totally in love with it. It's that lite/warm/and comfortable to wear.Almost like wearing your shanty.......The fact that if I should by whatever means.... find myself in the water again .....the suit I'm wearing will give me much better "odds" for survival. To see this suit in action go to their web site and view this suit in action on the videos they provide...........This suit has enabled me to continue to do what I have so loved all these years....continue to be on the ice....and yes I still have my old standby ice safety gear at hand with me at all times.........     
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Vexilar