Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Atwood 1-4

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Decided to try a different area of atwood i havent fished in yrs. I fished off the main meach.. I went specifically trying to target saugeye.. Since atwood is such a great crappie lake thought the ice i seem to forget about the saugeye there. I didnt have much luck i fished the afternoon from noon to 430ish.. i only rolled 4 fish..and had 2 bumps on a blue n chrome #5 jiggn rap tipped w minnow head on tail hook.. I have no idea what the were. they acted like a walleye coming off the bottom and timing my vibee. Could of also been catfish as my buddy was using a green buckshot 15 yrds from me and got a 20 incher. Plenty of marks. And definately worth anothet try.. maybe ill try some shallower water.water clarity was great and there was no snow on the lake and with the sun out here and there coulda played a role on em as well. Ice was busted up on shore. Had to find a spot to get on but was too bad. Ice was 5 inchs everywhere i drilled. Saw 2 shantys off yacht club. So we didnt lose our ice we should be good to go now. with cold temps here on out.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Another great report freak. How is your ice up there?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Sorry shoulda of posted Ice thickness. On 1-4 ice was 5 inchs..everywhere i drilled at mainbeach which is an awesome spring summer time spot for saugeye with a slope and a couple contour drops. and a sandbar that is 4to 7 ft right now but very close to deep water which is 15 right now since the lake level is down 10 ft or so..that lil area has a bit of everything.. Sorry didnt have a better report for you guys just had to give up on the crappie and try somethin a lil diff.. gotta start something as far as a suageye bite on atwood through the ice. Its never been established as long as i can remember a guy will catch one here and there throughout the whole ice season on the community hole out in front of the yacht club. And they usually from what i hear never target them.. its just on the other end of the line.  need some guys to help out on saugeye reports during winter. Such an awesome saugeye fishery on soft water.. why not winter

Vexilar