Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Mogadore West of RT 43

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Went on an ice fishing outing with several (40 to 50) folks on Mogadore Saturday. Had a blast. Fished with my son Nick. We caught a ton of fish but no real giants. We kept a nice pile of dinks for a snack. LOL.

Gills, crappie, perch,, bass... They're in there, just gotta find them. Ice was a good 7 inches.

Long walk to our spot behind the third island headed south. Fished 12 FOW and had great success w/ Northland Bro Bug tipped w/ red maggots.

Fun time and even though the long drag almost took me out, I will be back. LOL
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Where did you get the red maggots at?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mark's Bait & Tackle has them at both his locations in Kent.Area. Corner of St Rt 18 & St Rr 43 and his main store at St Rt 14 Between Ravenna & Streestboro
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Yes. At Mark's. I was taking two white maggots and one or two red ones and tipping the jig.

Nick was using a jigging rapala out there and caught quite a few gills.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

A@C

• View Profile
I would guess mogadore bait and tackle has them. Isn't his shop on mogadore lake?

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Nope. He's on Mogadore Rd/Randolph Rd near the meat processor... I can't remember the name of it for some reason... Stinks getting old.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Its across the street from Duma's Meats. Thats where I buy all my meat. I dont think they have them but I will ask when Im in there next.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
LOLOLOL!!! I can't believe I forgot Duma's !!! I'm such an idiot... LOL

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Vexilar