Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wellington Sunday

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
All I can say is that it was a tough bite. Saw many fish (crappie and perch)on the aqua vu camera. We were bumping them on the heads with our jigs and still could not even get them to move. Pulled a few to the hole and they came off. Fished from noon til 530 and only heard of one other guy getting an eight inch crappie. 6 inches of clear ice under our shanty. Will be hitting it this week again and will let you know how it goes. Good luck and be safe in your ice adventures ER
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:10:45 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Dave,
Thanks for making a Wellington Thread. ER
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Will be hopefully hitting Wellington again this Sunday. Will have a report for you at earliest possible time.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
i would like to try it out maybe on sunday is there any bait stores close by
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Fishing was ok Sunday. Picked another bass and two small crappie. Have yet to catch a keeper Crappie out of Wellington this year, even though I have seen them on the camera. As far as the fishing itself there, please let me say one thing. I fished there last weekend and when I was going on the ice about 7am, a few guys were coming off and they just left about 5 Mountain Dew cans right on the ice. The amount of garbage left on the ice from pop cans to wrappers to bait containers was pitiful. There was one area were someone actually took a dump on the ice! That is horrible. I ended up picking up alot of the trash and throwing in my bucket. I did not pick up the dump though! Please be mindful of what you leave behind, this is a fishing spot close to many peoples homes and we don't want to lose this one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:31:36 PM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

Wannabitawerm

• View Profile
Gonna try to hit it this afternoon for a few hours. Ill let you know how I do.
You don't fish? I see no reason to speak to you.

Redeemed by His blood and saved by His grace.

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Thanks, I know the slabs are there but I cant seem to get the big boys on the hook this year. Let me know I am hitting Erie this weekend so there will be not report from me this week unless I get time after work to sneak a few hours in.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons

Wannabitawerm

• View Profile
Was out from 4:30 until about 8:30. More of the same. Nothing of size, a lot of lookers and very few takers. I would've preferred to be deeper, but it was quiet all around. Hope to get out once or twice before the Wellington gathering.
You don't fish? I see no reason to speak to you.

Redeemed by His blood and saved by His grace.

Vexilar