Ice Fish Ohio Forum

another thing to think about

mr bill

• View Profile
a friend of mine had a fitting leak on propane heater after changing out tanks and it exploded on him. he is in hospital with burns over most of his body.

must remember to keep spare tanks warm and make sure no ice has formed around fittings of both tanks and units being used. ice chrystals form on necks of tanks when they are cold as you hook up a new tank. these chrystals cause propane to leak out around fittings.

a couple of years ago my son-in-law, his dad and i were out chasing crappy. one of the lanterns ran out of propane. the s-i-l change tanks and he ended up frost biting his hand when the tank wouldn't seal up and the tank leaked onto his hand.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great post because I think we all take it for granted when we change tanks or let are stuff sit outside in a cold shanty. Keep up the reminders because it never hurts to check it more then once
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
TThanks Mr Bill something i never thought of hopefully your tip prevents more accidents from happening

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks and i did not know that could happen. Thanks again and i hope your buddy is ok.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

mr bill

• View Profile
yes he is ok.....he has even been out on the ice again

Vexilar