wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
how thick is the ice?
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
I fished today, Saturday, 1/22 and the ice was 7" everywhere I went. Probably caught about 2 dozen gills. Most were around 7" with a few bigger and a few smaller. Saw fish in just about every hole. It started slow at first about 1pm, but things picked up as the day went on. They really turned on after 4pm. Early they wanted a size 14 orange/yellow with a spike, later they wanted a black size 14 with a wax worm. Not a lot of guys fishing where I was at. Most fish were suspending at about 6 to 7' in 10 fow.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I fished today, Saturday, 1/22 and the ice was 7" everywhere I went. Probably caught about 2 dozen gills. Most were around 7" with a few bigger and a few smaller. Saw fish in just about every hole. It started slow at first about 1pm, but things picked up as the day went on. They really turned on after 4pm. Early they wanted a size 14 orange/yellow with a spike, later they wanted a black size 14 with a wax worm. Not a lot of guys fishing where I was at. Most fish were suspending at about 6 to 7' in 10 fow.

Thanks, I think that my Daughter and I might fish it today mid day. great report by the way and congrats on your catch!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Buckeye John

• View Profile
Thanks for the report guys! Thinking about going down there this afternoon. Will post how we did if we go.

Vexilar