Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice tourney at delaware res

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
me and some friends from another site are getting together on feb 6 at del res for a little friendly competition. We will be meeting at the horshoe boat ramp at 6:30 and fishing will follow and we will meet back at the ramp at 2:30 pm for the results. We will have a 5 dollar entry fee, will be for most fish caught crappie and gills. Gills must be at least 7'' to count and crappie must meet the standard 9''. We may also do a side pot for big fish (by length). So come one come all should be a good time. And if you don't want to get in the tourney come on out anyway and have some fun. It will be winner take all unless there is a large turnout then we will do first second and third.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That sounds like a good time. Keep us posted on how it goes. I might be stuck at home as i have been out for 3 weekends straight. If i can sneak out i might bring the boys to the weigh in.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
dave come on over, it is just more of a thing for fun and to meet some new faces. So come on guys we have roughly 5-8 guys that are comited right now

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Come on you guys i thought you all were ice fishers, not sisies?????? This is a chance to meet a great bunch of guys, have some fun, learn/try a new lake and maybe make some money. With the few number of guys right now it looks like it will be winner take all for most fish/big fish. So lets hear it whos coming. ??? ??? ;D ;D

also for any newbs that want to try ice fishing or get some pointers this is a great opportunity. I'm sure some of the guys (myself included) would let you tag along, provide all the gear and a good time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:49:52 PM by fishintechnician »

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
My son and I might show up, we were thinking of going to buckeye after gills and perch but he might have fun doing this, I hope no one will get upset if they get out fished by a 7 year old cause according to him he has the secret to catching fish and won't tell me ::)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
i received a pm saying that some of you showed and there was no one there?? I'm sorry if there was confusion on this. I my self was not there due to my daughter having the flu and being with her at urgent care till 1 am the night before, but I know my partner was there at the horseshoe rd ramp at 6:30, they fished till noon, they all called it at noon due to lack of a bite. I don't think they even gave out a pot, just returned everyones money. 2 dink gills and one short crappie were all that were caught out of 12 guys fishing for 5 hours. Again I would like to apologize for any mix up.
If anyone would like to get out and fish del please pm me and I will be more than happy to take you out to make up for what happend. There are alot of quality fish to be caught here, the lake doesn't get any hardwater pressure at all and I am still trying to figure it out through the ice. i plan on fishing it this sun if anyone wants to go, I may fish sat too not sure yet though. Again sorry to everyone for any inconvinience.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for clarifying this and i hope all is well with your daughter.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar