Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice fishing at C.J. Brown

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I don't usually post but since many are having problems at C.J. I guess it's time to help out.  1st.  The marina was good early in Dec.  It's always a 1st ice option but never lasts.  Not to say the occasional school doesn't show up and if you move alot you can catch fish there.  But here we are in Feb. and the fishing is on the main lake.  We've been having 50+ keeper crappie days consistantly since 1st ice.  Moved to the main lake the week before Christmas and have been killing them.  Occasionally walleyes are showing up with our catches.  I only work two days a week and have fished every other day.  The key is fishing 15-25' of water.  For large catches electronics are needed but without you'll still catch plenty of fish if you follow what I'm about to tell you.  During a trip to Cabela's I purchased a glow clown Rapala jigging shadrap and decided I tie it on and go for walleyes.  I went a couple hundred yards out of the marina to a ridge between gavel pits.  My first drop down produced a 13" crappie.  That day my partner and I caught over 80 keepers.  On a second rod (deadstick) we use tiny jigs and spoons.  Both raps and jigs need to be rigged with spikes or minnow heads.  Using electonics   con't
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

Vexilar