Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New To CJ And Looking For help

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
Long time reader first time posting. I am new to ice fishing as of this year. I live in St. Paris and would love to fish CJ, but I have never fished there. My son and I  are wanting to head that way this weekend to try and hook up on some crappies and eyes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking about the old railroad beds?

ducks6868

• View Profile
i am going saturday moring if you would like to hook up

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
Unfourtanetly I dont think that I will be able to make it in the morning. But if you have any usefule info it would be appreciated. Lure? Depth? Live Bait?

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
i hope to try it out sometime as well.  my dad doesnt live to far from cj and delivers bait to a few bait shops around there.  if you live in st paris you prob get bait from him lol.

have you got to try out at kiser yet??  been there a couple of times this year but only did good once.

good luck.

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
I just came back from Kiser lake and there were 4 people out and nobody was catching anything worth bragging about.  I buy all of my bait from F&S out of Conover.

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
lol i probably might have seen ya while i was visiting.  makes me feel good to hear people buying from him.  he tries hard to make his customers happy.  i see him go above and beyond to make sure there happy.

ah what a shame, i hope the bite picks back up there, i really wanna get back there to do some good.

bruce136

• View Profile
 We will be out there tomorrow from morning until who knows when. I will have a Frabill Magnum flip shanty and we will probably have a 6 man Eskimo pop up set up. Can't promise any fish, but we usually have a fun time. We will be out from the marina.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Was at CJ this morning the road down into the marina was pure ice with a road closed sign at the the top of the hill. I caught 4 crappie in 4 hours, 2 guys were out from the marina, 4 out from mrb, 2 out from campground beach. Ice was 10-11.5" where we were, good luck bruce.

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
check my post from buck creek state park on the how.  If your son is younger you might try off the boat ramp.  Evening bite starts around 5pm.  Plenty of fish have been caught there.  Find 15-20 feet.  If you want a new spot go out of ramp and go left.  About 75 feet from the bend is a underwater point that doesn't show from bank but should be a good producer.  Haven't hit it yet but is on my list for this week, don't mind if someone else tries it though.  Park at top of parking area and be careful going down the ice is slick.  hopefully the snow remedies this.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

Vexilar