Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Well i got a new ice fishing buddy - my daugther:)

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
She was helping daddy to dig my trout out of my bucket while i was cleaning them.  mind you she has grew up in my dads bait shop so she is feerless of all baits including leeches.  so while she was watching me clean my catch, she was testing out my fishing bucket.  she keeps telling me she wants to go out, so one of these warmer days im going to take her out on the pond.  just thought i would share as a proud pappa.  now i have to wait for my lil boy to get older lol.

ice phisher

• View Profile
Thanks for sharing a great pic. Can see why your a proud pappa. She sure is a "cutie".....Won't be to much longer and we know who will rule on the ice.....between the two of ya....Totally enjoy her as she grows.... cause man/oh man do those first 18 years of their lives fly by.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
yea i know what your saying.  she just turned 3 and wow its crazy how fast it seemed like it went by.   i love her getting older so i can teach her more things but i know it will bite me in the butt lol.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I'm the proud father of 3 girls, all of them love to icefish with pops. Never think that just because they're girls that they wont want to go on the ice with you. When they were young it was hard because you can only plan on going for no more than an hour, now they go longer but I have to take a shanty with heater and hot chocolate. We have a blast when we go.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great Story. Looking forward for more for years to come plus photos
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
thats a good idea wapak.  gonna have to remember the hot cocoa when i take her out.  she loves that stuff.  glad to hear other storys of family fishing.  i cant get enough fishing with my old man and im 27 lol.  cant ask for anything more fun or memorable and it cost next to nothing to do.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great picture. Made me smile. A true ice fisherwoman!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Awesome picture. Your going to have a fishing partner for many years to come. My daughter is 10 and she loves to fish almost as much as I do. Well maybe not quite that much. Lol
turkey09

Vexilar