Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Shanty Extra Rod Storage

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Interested in ideas on what guys have devised and/or constructed in order to store their extra ice rods inside their shanty's.  Here's a prototype that I made that stores 3 rods inside my Clam Nanook.  It's a fixed unit, light weight and simple to construct.  It's made out of a small block of closed cell foam with 3-1" holes drilled into it.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I like the idea of the foam. I use 4 inch lengths of PVC. Some are 1 inch and others are 1 1/4  depending on the size rod handle. The tighter the better but not to tight as they will be to hard to put in and take out. If there is to much play they will shake around to much.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good ideas.  I am always having problems in this area, as soon as I get it figured out I buy another rod or 2 and my system gets messed up and rods are everywhere.  Thanks for the tips.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
I have holders on my shanty frames,,,,,,

And also on my seat rails.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here's a removable rod holder & built for my Clam Nanook:

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar