Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Field Report Week of Feb 6-12

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cold temps slowed down the ice fisherman to almost zero this week.. atleast during my morning drive-by observations.

Although the lake hasnt produced record catches in numbers or sizes, it has been a steady producer of putting fish in the bucket this season... gills, red-ears & crappies.

Overall, the ice fishing pressure has been non-existent.  I dont think I've seen more than 3 shanty's on the ice at any one time.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Friend went out there yesterday and ice is 6 inches.  With this little warm up and lack of rain it will hold into the weekend.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
anyone know how the lake is holding up so far this week?
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bummer!!  Glad you're ok!  :o How deep was it?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

buddachiefer

Little over knee deep, shore line is 1/2" thick, out from there top layer of ice was cracking. Was on my way out from checking it and that's when I broke through.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Glad your ok,hope you didn't drown your spud bar!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

KPI

• View Profile
heard good ice here is this true 4-6 inches futurestrader says he is going out just want to confirm before i go up to simcoe leaving tomorrow????

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
KPI the ice is no good at Aquilla!  Stay far far away and go on your little private plane trip to Simcoe.  If I had your money I would throw mine out in the street and grab a lawn chair and watch everyone pick it up as I try to direct traffic.  I am working on plan B to get my private flight to Alaska.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

KPI

• View Profile
is what it is!!!!!! if there was safe ice here i would not be forced to go!!!! ice fishing here is rough at best lately. remember it is not what you know but who you know if they are going i am on the flight out !!!!!i will let ya know how we do!!!ps jim dont hate the player hate the game!!!!!you got wonton soup big shooter!!!!!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
served   :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Now thats gangster!!!! :o
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

KPI

• View Profile
what do you mean gangster the guy who i know pretty good was teasing me because i am headed to lake simcoe on my buddies plane this weekend!i was at his house he got a cooler of won ton soup from a client of his i was busting his chops no i see how you get some many posts most of them must be pointless!!!!!!!  er noticememan

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
KPI this site is called ifo a.k.a ice fish Ohio not brag about your airplane trips to canada.  I will find good ice here in this great state and don't think I won't test Aquila this weekend!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

KPI

• View Profile
good luck bro test it ice fishing in ohio is a joke four times out in a year hardly worth it!!!!!go north youngman go north

Vexilar