Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Field Report Thursday Morning Feb 10, 2011

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Drove all around Mogadore Thursday morning, 2/10 was shocked by what I saw. NOT ONE ICE FISHERMAN ON THE ENTIRE LAKE!

Man was that a shocker in comparison to yesteryear. Granted the cold weather contributed to it, but I just shook my head and wondered what happened to this once Ohio Premier Winter Fishery.
MrPhish said another factor contributing to it was all the Moggie guys were most likely hitting Wingfoot this season also. Guess he was right too.

The only pair of eyes I saw was a lone Coyote while I was parked at Palm Rd/Saxe Rd. Observed him from 600 yds away towards the west. When he spotted me, he squatted on the ice for few minutes eyeballing me.

It truly is sad how Mogadore has changed.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yes i agree with you icebucket i have fished that lake since 68 and it was a very good fishery,many large fish came from those weedy waters. and weedy it was i remember when you had to fish thru the holes in the weeds, but the lake is weedy no more and the fishing has gone with the green.  :-[ too bad so sad even now the attetion has turned to wingfoot and the fishing pressure is great for the moment...... the fish bowl is only so big.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar