Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bad Ice Getting To Us In NE

ice phisher

• View Profile
There was an outing planed for today(from another web-site) and it was cancalled this morning, due to rapid loss of shoreline ice......That was at Ladue Res., where at the boat house access the ice had receded and left open water 8 to 10 ft. shore....There have been some drastic ice condition changes, here in our part of the state over the last 24 to 48 hours....Icebucketjohn and I fished a local area lake (near Kent, Ohio) yesterday and when we came off there was a lot of shoreline rot going on rapidly......and we both agreed that this was our last trip this season..... unless there is a REAL BIG REFREEZE and I mean "REAL BIG".....So time will tell........ but looking like the end is near/or here for us ???......Even tho alot of my friends and I have invested in the floation suits (Arctic Armour) we still do not feel that we are invincible and just go out and wander all over quickly deteriorating ice...BEST TO USE THIS OLD SAYING AT THIS TIME OF THE SEASON (WHEN IN DOUBT, DONT) Please be safe out there we want to see you here next season  ;D  .....................
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah buddy the ice really went fast didnt it ,  :-\looked at portage lakes,wingfoot(fished there today),mogadore..... doesnt look good :P i guess u have to know when 2 say uncle heh ......oh well cant wait for the wallys to run the rivers any time now water temp is the trigger..... 8) later....................
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar