Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice

Guest · 4 · 9113

JustNutts

Lima Lake welcomes you. Ice has not been affected and is still good, solid, quality ice.

Crazy4Smallmouth

• View Profile
I am intrigued about Lima Lake. I have never fished it or any of the other lakes in Lima. Would it be worth an hour trip to give it a try? I get the feeling that a lot of guys from Lima would rather head to Indian rather than fish Lima Lake. Is that the case? It seems like Lima Lake has it all, perch, saugeye, gills, crappie and trout. Why would you go anywhere else with Lima Lake in your back yard? Just wondering....  By the way, any advise for someone who has never been there but wants to give it a try. Oh yea, how has the fishing been? Thanks!

JustNutts

The funny thing is that I keep driving to Indian and I have yet to see a saugeye!! So im happy with what I know about Lima Lake and Im happy with the fishing for the most part. Last year I caught saugeye and perch just like I hear about at Indian, but I also spent all of my fishing time here in Lima to do it. There are so many weeds here that the perch fishing almost has to be great its just a matter of any other place, getting in the right places at the right times. I have only attempted for about hr and a half for a saugeye bite. I know where I used to catch them and I can go on any given day and catch a bucket full of good bluegill and trout, with some crappies and perch and even some good bass mixed in. Im planning to getting back out there this week and doing some damage and prove to myself I can still pull some good quality fish outa there without fooling around driving to Indian. I think ill save those trips down there for meeting with the guys from IFO and when the fishing is REALLY hot. Id honesty say there are some nice mature trophys in there,  just not many people fool with it. Take it or leave it, hope that helped ya.

Vexilar