Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tragedy in Cassville WI

davek · 3 · 2454

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
I hope everyone is having a good summer weve been busy up here and David I am working on things for you. It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you a 13 year old boy from Cassville was electrocuted last week while he was trying to harvest nightcrawlers. I am not sure what method he was using below is a link to one.

http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92325

As a retired electrician guys to me mixing electric and wet ground is a dangerous practice, and when you add a child to it is a tragedy waiting to happen as it did in Cassville. My sister has a saying about children "more is caught than taught". While we are teaching our children and others to share in our passion for fishing we also have a responsibility to keep them safe and some shortcuts fall short of this. These children that look up to his will often try to mimic us so teaching by example is important, so when you try one of these shortcuts look around and make sure a child is not watching you from a distance. I wish everyone a Safe and happy summer God Bless and Teach our children to fish SAFELY.

Dave

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's always so important to make sure we're doing all that we can to convey a positive message in the things we say and do. I remember seeing one of my uncles use a metal clothes hanger with prongs sticking in the ground attached to a large battery to get worms when I was a kid.
Maybe just having a patch of rock and logs that we water on a regular basis would be a better alternative.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Mix warm water with dish soap and pour on some dirt. Wait a couple minutes and the worms will come to the surface.
turkey09

Vexilar