Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Heater for Shack?

MichaelM · 21 · 16644

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
I have a Mr Heater-Cooker that I've been using for a long time now....Nothing fancy but it has served me well over the years....It does not have a CO2 shut off but I can't run it very long in my shanty anyway....The thing will run you out
Gaff its not just for chicken...

g

• View Profile
i use a dyna-glo heater. bought it about 10 yrs. ago on clearance at walmart for $20.00. same design as the mr. buddy heaters & works great in my 2 man guide. it also has low oxygen shut off. it had the pivot on the propane connection & the buddy heater didn't (that's changed now). if possible, wait until end of season & you can usually find either at half price.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Thank you erierider  that helps my confidence in using mine. especialy when I get too compfy in the Shanty.

Jonboat

• View Profile
would the small round one be good enough in a one man shanty?

deerslayern

• View Profile
I also have a Mr. Buddy heater. I have a 2-3 man hub and a clam Kenai, at first wasnt sure which i needed either the 4,000  to 9,000 BTU or the 9,000 to 18,000 I do believe thats what the bigger one is, but I went with the 4 to 9,000 BTU  and i tell u what on high in the hub i was comfortable all day and on low in the Kenai.  As for my comfort level being fishing in my snow bottoms and a tee shirt.  prob bout 65 degrees to 75 degrees. depending on weather u can also b good in the hub on low i just like being xtra cozy. hope this helps.
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
never had a shut down problem, always opening the pop up to take a leak, or move  or the usuall stretch,,,  just dont do like i did one day and plugged in my mapp gas tank by mistake, it will give you a head ache,, :(  so i dont let my buddy grab tanks before we leave  hahaha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar