Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Found more good spots

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Found some nice holes where some big fish might be laying come ice season.  Also found some nice new timber on deep drops by the channel.  Hope there areas pan out, seems like they should be great for ice fishing.  I know they were loaded with bass and crappie this summer, and usually summer and winter mirror themselves with deepwater patterns.  Can't wait to get on the hard water!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I cant wait to get back out there and get on some slabs. I think I made it out there about 5 times after I fished with you and always did good. When the ice is on and your ready to go get ahold of me.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  I like to get on there as soon as possible after icee on.  We just have to be careful becaust that lake has current in the middle and sometimes the ice is thinner than it looks.  But if you spud your way accross carefully there won't be any problems.  I still have your number, and I'll give you a call at ice on so we can get out there.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All this recent rain has brought the water level back to where it should be.  This lake was a foot or 2 low all summer into the fall.  But recent rains have raised water level back to full pool.  Should stay that way now, since it's not a drawdown lake.  That'll help some of the spots I like to fish in. ;D

Team Wilcraft!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I have never fished deer creek throught the ice and only a couple of times in softwater i may have to try it this year. dying to get some cold weather slabs

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, it's a good place, if you know it.  When the ice gets on I can show you some good spots.  There are quite a few.  It's a boom or bust lake.  Took me a year to figure it out.  Was catching nothing but 6 inch fish, but after I figured the lake out I got into some really nice ones.  I've got slabs over 15 inches thru the ice and my wife got a 15 incher bass fishing with me this fall.  Gave me a new spot! ;D  Let me know when you're heading there and I'll show you around.

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The water is coming back up after being down all summer.  Looking forward to visiting some of those new spots I've found the last 2 years of summer fishing.  Hoping to ice some big slabs.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok you guys dont forget me  ;D when you all head out shout out i sure like to drill holes with ya  and throw fish out on the ice hahah...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
You know we wont forget about you. I cant wait to get out there and nail some of those slab crappie. Somehow my sd card on my gps took a crap on me so I lost all my numbers including all the other lakes I had layed out. I know some of my spots by memory but the spots I had that had no visual markings I am going to have to work to find again.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll help you out where I can. ;D

Team Wilcraft!

derbium

• View Profile
Drove by here yesterday, looks like the bays are iced over but still lots of opn water. The cold nights ahead will help!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool!!  Looking forward to hitting the ice on the North shoreline.  There's some fallen trees in 15 fow, that is a great spot for monster slabs.  There are 4 or 5 different trees, if you know where to look!

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Found some other good holes as well.  HWJ and snowcone, we'll go at safe ice I'll show you around in exchange for Wingfoot info.  Also, the backwaters have changed and there's a nice ledge there it you know where to look.  It's a bit of a walk, but it's worth it.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar