Ice Fish Ohio Forum

customized the sled

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
i know this should prolly gop in the sled forum but no ones veiwing that yet and thought you guys would appriciate this. So I spent the day yesterday hooking my sled up. Mainly for convinience and comfort. I like it and am ready to test it out.....actually on the ice not just in my garage. Here are a few pics. I also went through all the gear and got everything Staged if you will ready for first ice
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:55:22 PM by davidhoheisel »

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Very nice. I like how organized everything is. I'm kinda OCD about all my gear and where it is at so I can definitely appreciate how you have yo sled st up.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishingislife

• View Profile

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
That is awesome!
The only thing I would be worried about is the sled tipping for some reason and everything spilling out.  I guess that's the same with everything just thrown into my sled right now...

Very cool.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great Job,

I fixed the pictures. We will keep it hear and then move it after a while to the sled board for us to refer to in the future.

What is the pole across the top?

I hope Fishingislife see's this as he picked up  a sled from me.

This makes me want to go and put mine together.

Lets see some more of these guy's!

Great post!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:59:47 PM by davidhoheisel »
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
very cool  looks likle that should fit the bill
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
the pole on top is my spud bar another of my creations  ;D. This actually looks very heavy but im guesseing that it only added around 20 lbs... I used 3/8 plywood for the top and 3/4 fro the frame. I didnt bolt anything to the sled but made it a very tight fit it can be easily removed if i am so inclined, the front half were the sled slopes out is all hollow on the bottom the hole that the vex sits on is actually access to storage underneath it. Im going to get a couple bungees throught the uprights to secure the auger and spud.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:42:17 PM by fishintechnician »

fishingislife

• View Profile

I hope Fishingislife see's this as he picked up  a sled from me.

Great post!

Dave, I got some serious plans with your old sled...   I got all the materials and I got a day set aside to pimp out your old sled.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm jealous.  I wish my sled was so organized.  I'm anal about my lures being just so, and my rods rigged and organized so I don't have to change lures that much, but that's it.  My other gear just rattles around in my shanty's sled bottom.  This gives me some ideas! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
thanks guys didnt take that much time and I like it so far think i may take the two buckets out that are in it now and get some with padded lids just for extra storage

Vexilar