Ice Fish Ohio Forum

kiser lake

A@C · 8 · 6643

A@C

• View Profile
Where is kiser lake and do the deliver to bait shops

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Kiser is east of Sidney and Piqua but west of Urbana.  Kind of in the middle of no where but is supposed to have a good number of gills.  I may hit it up this winter.

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You should talk to Team Mac, Kiser is their home lake.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
kiser is a nice lake but last year it was awesome on the new ice and got a lil slow during the later part of the season and towards the end you really had to hunt for them.  but if you catch it right you will do really well on the panfish.  the bait shop at the lake closes but F&S Baitfarm is right down the road off rt 36.   www.fansbaitfarm.com  .  might as well add his number to your phone esp if you plan to fish there and buy bait.  he normally stocks white and pink spikes and mousies during the winter months along with wax worms.  can get minnows if he has advance notice.  best to call a day in advance to make sure he has what you need.  also has a nice selection of jigs and other ice fishing needs(few augers, line, etc).

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up fathead45!  I go to Greenville to visit my wife's family about once a month from Delaware via rt 36.  I've never seen that bait shop but I will surely put it on my list now.

I can't wait to fish it though.  I would think from the way the map looks it should freeze early so we may get on it in December.

Can you recommend a certain side of the lake or area which produces better?

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
your welcome.  well last year he didnt have a very good sign but if your heading to greenville on 36, right after you come thru lena there is a lumber yard and a meat market, he is right there and has a nice new sign on the left side of road.

ill try to pull the map an mark the spots i have had luck at. ill post is up a lil later today

OldSailor

• View Profile
Please do post a map and let us know when there is ice up that way! We'll have to try and hit it this season. What else is catchable besides panfish? I've heard there are some big stripers in the lake from years ago. True? Your the man up that way!! Thanks Matt! Still need  ICE!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
IM 20 MINUTES AWAY AND WHEN ICE IS ON I CHECK OUT KISER AS OFTEN AS I CAN .

Vexilar