Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weather

OldSailor

• View Profile
  It's 32 degrees and SNOWING!! Now if the temperature would only stay below 30 during the day, and colder at night, we could see some ice. Sorry, I just woke up. I must have been dreaming!!!! LOL... ;D Come on ICE!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I wasn't dreaming this morning when there was snow covering my car.  Granted it was a thin layer but it was only 30 degrees as well so that's a start!

COME ON ICE!!!

OldSailor

• View Profile
I wasn't dreaming this morning when there was snow covering my car.  Granted it was a thin layer but it was only 30 degrees as well so that's a start!

COME ON ICE!!!

I'm sure you've been through this B4. Probably just a teaser :(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Its the anticipation of ice that makes it so much sweeter when we finally get ice.  ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OldSailor

• View Profile
Its the anticipation of ice that makes it so much sweeter when we finally get ice.  ;D

What happens if the anticipation lasts more than a month ??? Does the sweet turn sour?? ;D

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
To some maybe. To me no. Ive been anticipating this season for 8 months. As soon as I step off the ice I anticipate my next trip. Sometimes its only 8 hrs and others is 8 months. We are at the mercy of the ice gods. If you turn sour so will they. If you keep a positive outlook the ice will be here before you know it.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This time between boat winterizing and first ice can be a long wait, or at least it seems it.  I put my boat away Thanksgiving weekend normally, although I've been known to go out and use only my trolling motor in December.  This brief lull in the fishing allows me to get some things done, wood split, and most importantly get my ice fishing stuff ready.  And ready again, then repacked and reorganized 4,5,6 times.  Then we finally we get ice!!  I hope the bottom has finally fallen out of the temperatures and we can start to see some ice.  I'm on my 3rd ice gear reorganizing and getting bored not fishing, although I got a couple 3 pound bass last week! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar