Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Adding bucyrus reservoirs?

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Hey guys I pmed dave about adding buc res to the boards, i have never fished any of them but plan to this year and I have heard really good things. Does anyone ever fish these?If so how do you do and which one do you fish mainly (there are 4) Also if anyone would like to meet up and try these when we get ice let me know

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
I have fished them a couple times never much luck did get a few gills out of the lower one but bite was slow that day im close to there so if you ever want to go look me up.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
never fished there, but i've heard there are some 'eyes in there if you can find them.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I've also heard they have perch. Not sure how many but there are some descent size ones in there.
turkey09

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ok guys this is getting some interest so......I have heard all the res have decent fishing if you can get on the fish. Have heard all have decent crappie and gill action and they were stocked with saugeye and perch and the perch are supposed to be nice. Have heard that number 4 is supposed to be the best for panfishing but not sure.

Also my aunts friend has a camper at a campground up there some where. After she went up and stayed with them for a weekend she showed me a pic of what she thought was a bass but was actually a perch every bit of 11-12''. She siad they had caught about 15-20 of them that day fishing crawlers on bottom. Now this was my aunt and she doesnt know if this was a private place or was one of the res, and this was prolly 2-3 yrs ago. I will try and have her talk to her friend and see if i can find out where this is. At the very least maybe a few of us can get together one day and hit the ice???

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
the number 4 res is where i heard the big perch are in.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

1gmkiller

There is also a place out at the industrial park that not many people know about that has rainbow trout. the only bad thing about it is that it's spring fed. It can get a little hairy out there sometimes. my brother and I have fished it also with some good luck. #1 has good pan fish on the end to the south. #3 the small upground off of Kiess rd has nice pan fish and some perch and saugeye. #4 the bigger upground that is on rt. 98 has some very nice Saugeye and some decent perch and loads of gills. from the pumphouse horth on the west side there are some deep bowls that hold perch and a few saugeye. and on the northeast corner they is a huge crib made of chunks of concrete and cement block the hold panfish nicely in the winter months. The crib runs from almost the northeast corner to the first bend in the east side.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:53:39 PM by 1gmkiller »

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
If we get ice i def want to fish them i will post on here when i can go and maybe a few of you locals will take me out and show me a round the lake

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
the pond in the industrial park was not stocked with trout this past fall.....just want to save someone a wasted trip.....and yes the ice can be tricky by the spring.

Vexilar