Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Toledo Area

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Anyone in the Toledo area looking for a fishing partner? I moved here from Michigan a few years ago, and I don't really know the area that well. I'm really not sure where the best spots to ice are.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Hey JM, Thanks for joining us.

I am not to familiar with the Toledo area. I am sure as ice hits you will get a response from guy's in your area.

Also, you should pm OIM. He is in Michigan and i know that they have have some great perch and panfish fishing off of the Detroit river which is not to far from you.

Hope this helps. if you need anything just shoot me a pm or post it on thr site.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I am near port clinton/Oak Harbor a bit south of you. Let me know if you ever explore this way
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Fisher, if I venture out that way I may have to look you up. I hear there is some good gills fishing out there. But how is the walleye bite?

BtweenShots

• View Profile
JM.
You could really add to your resourses if you purchase the book SPORTSMAN CONNECTION  Northern Ohio Fishing Map Guide, it's full
of maps and directions to areas for fishing. Also, sign up on site
ohiogamefishing.com  a nice site for northwest ohio.
Excues me, the map guide can be purchased at all area outdoor store
Cabelas, BP, and Ganders.

Gene

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I've seen those books at gander mountain. I always think I should get a couple, but wasn't sure if I could justify it. I haven't been able to find any decent lake maps online though, so maybe I just need to break down and get a couple of them. I think I need one for Michigan too.
     I really want to find a few good marinas to fish out of, something that connects with lake Erie.

fishnchics

• View Profile
i too am from downriver area in michigan , moved to toledo last summer, just wanted to also thank the guys for any info.. signed still fishing michigan when the boat is out of the water.

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
There are quite a few decent reservoirs around our area. I'm in BG so I hit Findlay area, Delta, Willard alot within 1 hour. I do have a pond that is 2+ acres that has every species in it that will keep me happy when I don't have time to travel. Evergreen interested me on the muskie until I heard about how few are left in there.
Pond is iced in but only about 1 inch, hope it can make it through the warm spell.
PM me and we can grab a beer and give you the lowdown on the area.

Get the lake map books they help quite a bit.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I do want to pickup one of those books, they seem to have a lot of helpful info. We'll have to try and hook up after we get some fishable ice. I don't really know where Willard is, but I was thinking about hitting up delta. But from what I hear, delta is pretty ****** fishing. I might try wauseon again this year. I got out there once last year and got skunked, but I hear it has better fishing. I feel that with all the new toys I bought this year, I should have some better luck.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:40:09 AM by HardWaterJunkie »

Vexilar