Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Can't take it anymore.....

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
With this teaser of cold weather locking things up only to be destroyed in a day or two.....this guy looking really hard at jumping in the truck and driving northwest until i find fishable ice!
I know northern Iowa is fishing some areas, wis and min is fishing, northern mich in some areas ......

anyone else considering the same?

pete12

• View Profile
Absolutely, me and dad are considering heading north, not sure where though?

OldSailor

• View Profile
Just looked at the 10 day forcast :'( All I want for Christmas is fishable ice! I just wonder what we did to Mother Nature to p!$$ her off ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't know, but I was hoping for fishable ice by this weekend.  Not happening! >:(  long term forecast looks positive though, starting first of next week looks like cold really socks in.  Should be here to stay for a while.  Maybe we'll be fishing by christmas on some small lakes, ponds, and bays of larger lakes.  That would be awsome! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'd get on I-75 and just start driving north, bound to hit good ice before Sault St. Marie.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I have some friends from Atlanta michigan. Almost to alpena. As of friday they said they still had some open water and no one was fishing yet. Northern wisconsin and minn. have good ice 6+in already.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar