Ice Fish Ohio Forum

December 2011

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Looking forward to C-5 freezing up.  Always good panfishing action in that area.  Anyone up there recently in the soft water doing any good?
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Same here SS.  I didn't hit Nimmy last season as I had originally anticipated.  Nimmy is still my favorite lake of the Portage Lakes chain eventhough I dont ice fish it much.

(I spent most of my time on Turkeyfoot the last 2-3 ice fishing seasons). Generally, I've had fair results with gills, but no so great with crappie and perch.  I hope to try the deeper waters in the "speed lanes" in attempting to find slab perch, red-ears and big crappies.

Traditionally, C-5 has been good for early season ice, but I'd certainly like to try other areas of Nimmy eventhough I dont know it very well in efforts towards finding other species as well.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Some have got walleye/saugeye in the channels around the islands where it gets deep.  Same around the dam.  There's also a good spot straight off the point where the big tower is where the crappie lay.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar