Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New to area

Guest · 7 · 3804

Alaska

:)I moved from AK about a year ago and want to get started ice fishing again. I've been through some of the discussions but am trying to find out where there's good ice. Perch is what I'm looking 4. Thanks

fishingislife

• View Profile
For perch in Ohio your best bet would probably be Lake Erie...

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I agree with fishinforlife on Erie and if you live in central ohio Indian Lake turns up some hogs every year in the perch class.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
What part of the state do you live in now and we can tell you the closest lakes that hold perch for the shortest drive.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Alaska, where in Ohio are you? I know up here around Toledo there are a few reservoirs that hold perch. If I recall correctly, both the delta and wauseon res. have perch. There are a lot of lakes around the Irish hills area of Michigan that have perch. I'm wondering if perch can be caught in the marinas right off of Erie, here by me.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If you're in NE Ohio, Nimisila and some of the other Portage Lakes have big perch.  The ODNR did test nettings, and brought up the state record perch in Nimisila in the summer of 2010.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I have done some  color by number ice fishing maps in my spare time the last two days indicating who is the members with the most topics created for the most lakes in one area. Just let me know the area and I can let you know the lakes and who creates the most topics for those lakes.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar