Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Gas Augers

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reminder:
No gasoline motors (including augers) are permitted on any of City of Akron's reservoirs: Mogadore, Ladue & East Branch.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
Hey John I've been wondering about the new propane augers. Are they legal on these waters?  I would think they are since we all take the 1lb propane cans out for our heaters and lanterns. I know you said gasoline, but I wanted to be sure.

Evin
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

Salmonid

• View Profile
good question, i wonder if Kiser lake has a similar restriction?? where "No Motors" of any kind are allowed?? probably better to not ask....LOL

Salmonid

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
At this point, there are no restrictions on any type of propane units, nor has there been any conversation thereof.... that I'm aware of.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Has anyone ever been caught and what happened to them?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Citation, Court appearance in Summit County Court in Akron and a Fine... 

Alot hassle

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
to my knowledge kiser has no restrictions on it.  just seems to only be in akron reservoirs as they use them for water.  a pretty dumb rule if you ask me

Vexilar