Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Gas Auger Restrictions

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reminder:

No gasoline motors (including augers) are permitted on any of City of Akron's reservoirs: Mogadore, Ladue & East Branch.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:16:58 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That sucks. >:(  I've had my gas there and never had a problem at all last 2 years.  I don't even own a hand auger anymore, hurts my torn rotator cuff too much to crank a hand auger!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

floater99

• View Profile
Makes as much sense as no quads on Sktr,us old guys are losing out again.  ::)

RUDDER

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We'll see how the season plays out.  Maybe can borrow someone's auger out there.  I only go there for a few days in the early season anyway because it's first to freeze.  Once other lakes freeze, I'm outta there, better places to fish elsewhere.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
just another dumb thing to deal with because the rules run on ink and not human needs. your more than welcome to use my drill anytime. look for the red pop up . but now days mogs name for being the best panfish lake is not what it used to be, the weeds made that lake and now there gone....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Both of you are absolutely correct.  That side of the lake really sucks. I will fish it if there is no where else to fish. West of 43 isn't horrible though. I think the fish may still there and they have just to different spots as the weed beds have changed. I know I have said alot of bad things about the lake in the past but I think I'm going to give it a better shot this season. The only problem is that it takes a long time for the main lake to freeze up. I have a few new spots that I really want to fish. As far as the auger thing goes I have both and I'm not sure which one I will use yet.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've always gas drilled from inside my shanty, a pain I know, but it's not visible from the shore.  But if they're going to be watching I'll just go out and buy a used hand auger for there, not worth a fine or confiscation of my auger. >:(  The main lake is better, you're right.  I've had some good success in soft water in the channel that flows under 43, and to the west of that.  Just takes that area so long to freeze, by the time it's safe, I'm on to Berlin for walleye or Deer Creek for slabs.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar