Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Where's the Ice?

davek · 9 · 5518

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Wow! Made it to Columbus Yesterday saw no sign of ice from Chicago south. I hope things change for everyone, my fishing pals at home are getting out in some spots,and say the ice should be good next week. If anyone is interested I'm headed back home on the 31st or 1st, if you want to follow. Dave

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wish I could.  I'm really jonesing to get on some ice.  Looks like maybe end of next week I'll be on some ponds......I hope. ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Maybe Tuesday or Weds (Jan 3 & 4) on small ponds and windless bays... Mogadore off Palm/Saxe Rd and Portage Lakes at Old State Park

Keep your fingers crossed
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:28:03 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was thinkind Mogadore on Palm as well.  ;D  Think it's finally coming!!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I may drive over to Palm rd. sometime today and see if its starting to skim over yet. Ill let you all know what I see when I get back
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool.  But I'm afraid any skim will be lost today and tomorrow.  But starting Sunday pm the ice should begin to build and by Wed or Thurs may have some fishable ice with temps staying below 28 for highs and cloudy, (so the sun won't heat the shallow bottom out at lakes like Mogadore), and down to 10-15 for lows.  If it's not windy, that'll build ice fast.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It would be really nice to be fishing by the end of next week. Im not going to get my hopes up to much but I am really excited to get out. Iwill trade catching dinks all day for sitting around the house all day.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ME TOO!!!!

Team Wilcraft!

mikeL

• View Profile
Wait for it next week this ice will start to form
Hopefully it will stay cold though
Pro staff

Vexilar