Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Palm Road--any drive-bys

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Was wondering if anyone's driven by Palm Road the last 2 days?  Ice starting to form?  Or is there a ton of snow on just a skim coat of ice?  I know there was more snow that way than in Akron, just wondering how Mogadore fared.  Wanted to drive by this morning after I finished my plow route, but after being awake 23 straight hours, I had to come home and nap.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im going to drive by tomorrow when I head into Akron. I will stop by wingfoot also.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  Supposed to stay below freezing until noon Thurs.  If it's cold enough tonight, MAYBE Thurs morn will have ice to fish Palm Road for a day before its back to almost 50 for Fri and Sat.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
We got alot of snow my way. If it snowed at palm rd as much as it did here there will be alot of snow on top of the little bit of ice that formed. I will take my spud bar  and see how thick it is.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wonder how Deer Creek fared.  The snow moved farther east than they expected.  We didn't get much here in Canton, and Akron only had 2 inches as of 9 this morning when I finished plowing.  We've got another half inch here this afternoon, and Akron picked up another inch so far.  We'll see what it does to the lakes.  Maybe Atwood ??? will be my first lake out on this year.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
All this snow isn't helping our coldwater addiction.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I got 6 inchs here in randolph.

jigginfool

• View Profile
I was on palm today.... had 2.5 to 3 inches about 40 yards out then changed to 1.5 inches.... not enough for me to be on it and I am usually the first one out there! 

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Thanks for the report. Hopefully we can get out soon

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed.  Appreciate the update.  Rain today's not helpinig, but going to be cold tonight and next 3 days.  Maybe on Friday we can be out there on Palm Road.

Team Wilcraft!

derbium

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good to know!!  I'll try to hit it tomorrow or Thursday.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
this snow hurt ...but maybe this weekend 1-5 -13  somewhere where the wind doesnt keep the surface moving
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Better get there early in the morning. You all know there is only very few spots to park on Palm rd. I may go out there and instead of fishing I will taxi guys and drop them off at the lake from another lot close by. Probably could make a nice chunk of change doing it. I have really been wanting to get a camo arctic armor suit. ;D

Minnowhead

• View Profile
12 guys fishing Palm today.  Very good bite.  Lots of action and size gills being caught. 4+ on the ice thickness.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Vexilar