Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Finished A New Ice Rod Last Night - NEW PICS UP OF ALL RODS

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
Well since last year i really started taking a interest in making my own ice rods.  I built one last year and it turned out pretty good.  So this is the first on this year with the new blanks.  Ended with about about 200 rod blanks for this year that are mainly Light and ML Action from 32in to 25in.  Im really hoping to get a good hang on these to start selling.  so far they coming out really nice and the green glows really nice in the sun.

this one is the L action and is about 30in long with metallic blue wrap.  i really like this rod.  only have about 20 of these blanks which is a same cuz i want more lol.

Let me know what you think.  started another one last night and should finish it tonight.

OK pics up on 2nd page.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:09:15 AM by fathead45 »

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
They look nice. Great job. What kind of blank are they?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Those look real nice!!!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
thanks guys.  they are solid fiberglass.  i picked them up from a lady closing down her own ice rod building shop.  im hoping to get a few more ready to sell once i get a chance.  i really wanna get on the ice to see how well they work.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
You can always test the waters on ebay or craigslist for free.  As long as it has a good backbone and sensitive on the tip they should be great.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
oh yea all of them have a very nice tip action.  the ML are pretty stiff til the last 4in where the tip goes down nice.  would make prob a good walleye rod/saugeye.  would really love to sell a few.  i know im going to try to use all my own rods this year.  like the feeling:)

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
look great  and kinda old school    i come from the old school  how much is retail?
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fathead, I'd love to try one of the panfish rods this winter.  If you're willing to sell me one, let me know how much you want and I can paypal you whenever.  Or if you're not on paypal, I can send a check/money order yesterday. ;D  Those look awsome!!!  I really want one!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
well let me crunch some numbers tonight an i will see what i can come up with, but i know they will be under 20.  prob will be at the 15 buck range.  i need to order more supplies as im about out of handles lol.  so it maybe a week or so.  i do do paypal though.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great!  I'll be buying one as soon as it's ready.  I ice fished today, so I'm dying to try one of your rods now the season's here!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
once i get all the pics of the blanks and pricing i will post it up.  thanks for the support guys, wasnt wanting to build alot just in case they didnt sell lol

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
finished up 2 more rods.  so i have made one for ever blank i have.  really trying to get some good pics up here soon.  so far i like all them lol.  each one im getting better and better at the wrapping.  so im feeling more comfortable in selling a good looking product.

So far this is what i can make.  All lengths are from tip to end of handle:

26" Green ML  - Bends half way back, tip is light but no to light.

26" Clearish ML - The 1/3 of rod bends - very nice action.

30" Green L Rod - i really like this rod.  it has a very sensitive tip.

will get pics up tonight.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looing forward to seeing those pics!  I'll let you know what I want.  Can you post or PM me the prices?

Team Wilcraft!

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
I am looking forward to getting a couple of these in my hands.

Vexilar