Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Atwood Ice Report 1/19/12

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Ice was very thin and clear as of 1/19/12. broke through a few different time and measured the chunks i removed which were about an Inch.. Also.. AT the local spot "Yacht Club or Pine Tree point" that everyone usually fishes at.. There is a chain on both entrances prohibiting anyone from parking in the parking lot. there is stakes in the ground with pink ribbons it looks like their either making a new parking lot or getting ready to build something? I'm assuming spring time. But this is gonna be huge for us ice fisherman as this is the only access that i know of on the lake for this area. There isnt even a pull off area or could u even park along the side street because it is only a one lane access rd to begin with.. I'm hoping someone has more information on this. I dont know what else to do but to call the Muskingum Watershed to ask questions or maybe even the County Sherriff to see who, when, where and what is going on...Lake is locked up except for 2 spots at the dam by the boat launch area.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, that could be a problem.  I don't know what's going on down there.  I'll see what I can find out from my contact, although I don't know if the Division of Wildlife will know anything about it.  Probably a local thing, but whatever it is, it's going to screw us ice fishermen up.  Just what we need on top of everything else this year!  >:(  No ice, and if it comes no place to park to get on it.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar