Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bald Eagles feeding on fresh goose kill

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                              Hello Everyone,
Well the ice isn't safe yet! Too many soft spots, We need a hard freeze?
Yesterday while checking the ice and wanting to take some pictures, I happened to catch an Adult and 2 Juvenile Bald Eagles feeding on a goose they killed!!!!! Couldn't get closer to them, Ice is too thin yet!!!!!! But it's nice to see these beautiful birds. Hopefully we'll be on the ice soon?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's really cool.  Nice to be seeing more and more bald eagles.  I remember when you never saw one around here!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah im seeing more eagles than ever . at wingfoot, springfield, hudson, freemont, and i followed the new borns on the net in ill where the dnr set up live feed on a nest , it was pretty cool watching them grow up...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Last year was the first year I had seen them in a long time. I really enjoy seeing them out at wingfoot last season. They are alot more enjoyable then the dang blimp constitly taking off re landing
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

mbass8dor

• View Profile
                         Hello everyone,
Any ice reports yet? Seen someone checking near pullout area Sat. didn't look too thick!!!!! About the Eagles, I've been watching the nest for any activity? So far there was still snow in the nest, But it's still early yet.
I hope the ice thickens up soon, I have had my gear ready to go since November lol!!!!!!!! One thing's for sure this year, I'll have my Camera with me! Last year we had some great sights on the ice, And I want to capture it on film next time. Well everyone be safe out there, We need people doing the ice dance for us lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
That's one of the great things about up here there have been days i have driven to La Crosse ( 70 miles) and counted over a hundred eagles.

mikeL

• View Profile
The eagles have been really came back. It's neat to see, but in some areas they are getting overpopulated.
Pro staff

Vexilar