Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 11:45:16 AM

Author Topic: 1/22/2012  (Read 7973 times)

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
1/22/2012
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »

I finally walked on water tonight. It was a great feeling,

We fished moundwood tonight around 4pm.

I met up with CRV, FireFISh, Hardwateraddiction, Mitch and met Bigbrian.

CRV was there all day and ended up with some Crappie, Perch, and a Saugeye. ::) I got skunked. >:(

There was a nice bite for around an hour. There was some nice 3 to 5 lb fish caught. Firefish had a nice 3lber. Mitch's buddy and IFO member had a nice one.

We were fishing in around 8ft and fish were being caught on Vibe's, Jigging Rapalas, and Sweedish pimples.

There was also another 15 caught by other anglers.

Ice was around 5 inches but might be worse tomorrow due to the rain and temps.

I am sure we will get more detailed reports from Firefish and CRV.

It was nice to get out. Please remember that Indian always freezes first and your lake might not be safe yet so please check your ice. Also, not all ice is safe at Indian.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1/22/2012
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »

Had a great time fishing with everyone did not leave till 730 because it started to rain had one bite after dark and I lost him at the hole here is a pic of the fish I did catch 22 inches and 3 1/2 lbs scale said 3.6
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Jawjacker12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:02 AM »

I enjoyed meeting all of you last night. It was finally nice to meet David. I as well got skunked, but had a great time.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »

Hey I made a mistake on the weight of the fish the scale i used was showing Er after the weight would show so I weighrd it with the baby scale that goes up to 5lbs we used it for measuring things for the kids when they were younger and it said 4lbs 10 ozs I really think this is correct because after I fillet the fish each piece weighed 8 ozs  so if you wanna know what a 4 and 1/2 pound fish gives you in filets it is 1lb also I cut the stomach open and the remnants of a shad were in there stick with the blue and white vibe or firetiger
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

OldSailor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »

Is the ice going or what??? 52 degrees and rain can't help!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »

I made it out yesterday also. Went to Indian at Long Island. Did ok, my brother and I caught around 80 gills with only 20 of them being keepers. Probably last day on the ice at Indian for a couple weeks. Wish I knew Moundwood had good ice would have went there. Was Dunn's pond frozen over?

g

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »

nice fish dan. if i wouldn't have had to be at work at 3am i would have stayed for the evening bite. fished until noon without a bite and only marked 3 fish. at least i made it out twice this year. hope for more ice.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:36:50 PM »

I enjoyed meeting all of you last night. It was finally nice to meet David. I as well got skunked, but had a great time.

That could be the reason you got shunked. Was he wearing is yellow jacket? He said he has a new one that is not yellow and hopefully he will start wearing it. I dont think that dave is jinxed I think thatits the yellow suit has some bad ice fishing vodoo. lol. If you want to catch fish get in contact with CRV. He is fa fish catching machine. There is a reason some people catch fish everytime they go out. They invest a lot of time into what they do and learn all the different angles. We have several guys here that are like that and they are all willing to help everyone out. You can never learn to much
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:40:41 PM by HardWaterJunkie »
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Thanks Tim, Thats some funny shizzle, I Have to say though I got out fished by several anglers yesterday, There were some nice eyes caught in the 4 to 5 lb weight. I walked away with a 15 and a 16 inch eye 4 crappie a white bass and a donated perch. all in all it was GREAT to drill some holes and even if Dave some how pulled a miracle from his pocket and caught a fish bigger than mine it still would've been a good day ;D
     P.S. its not the suit he was in gray yesterday :D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar