Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wisc. trip

crv423 · 7 · 6054

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Mikel, Mitch131, and myself went to wisc. for a week of ice fishing, and had a blast. The first day we fished a small lake ten yards from the front door of Mikes family cabin, and I caught my first pike ever, we ended up with 4 pike one nice largemouth, and several crappies. 2nd day we fished a lake an hr away and filled a 6 gal bucket of nice crappies. 3rd day we went to a lake mikes uncle lives on and again caught alot of crappies and as we were cleaning up to head in a flag went off and I caught a 5 or 6 lb walleye. 4th day we caught several pike at the cabin lake as we packed things up to move to a fish house. that night we caught several walleye from the fish house. 5th day we woke on the ice a began catching eyes and pike right away. Davek met up with us and we fished the house that afternoon and caught pike and eyes.6th day we moved to a crib near by and got on some monster crappie, I lost one in an 8" hole because it was too thick to pull through the hole, thats right a crappie. 7th day we went back to his uncles lake and caught alot of crappie, gills, pike, and perch. All in all the trip was great, Mikes family are some off the nicest people I have ever met and Mike showed us some great fishing. It was also nice to get the chance to fish with Davek again.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:28:32 AM by davidhoheisel »
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Sounds like you had a great trip.

What was the best techniques and lures did you used for each species and what depths were you fishing?

Thanks for the report.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Thats awesome. I'm jealous!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

mikeL

• View Profile
Tip downs with rosies or normal crapie minnows
Pro staff

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
mike l just wanted to say thanks again it was a blast had alot of fun and useing tip down was a blast you did put us on some nice fish.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

mikeL

• View Profile
Not to bad for in the middle of winter. Might go back for late ice.
Pro staff

mikeL

• View Profile

Vexilar