Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Questions on a shappell 3000

skunkedagain

• View Profile
My Wife and Daughter just gave me a Shappell 3000dx as a B'Day gift (I DO LOVE MY WOMEN!!!!). I was wondering  if the ski option for this is worth the money? Also , any ideas about the adding creature comforts, storage or utilities to it. This is my first shanty so any input is valuable.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I have the Shappell ski system and it is absolutely worth it.  Collapses with ease and is a dream to drag out in the wet slushy snow and deep powder.  I also got an LED light that velcros to the top pole on my shanty.  And I added a golf towell with that snap ring thing that supposed to attach to a golf bag.  I also put this on the top pole.  It hangs there out of the way to wipe fish slime off my hands.  You got a good Shanty, man.  Your gonna love it.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
ditto on what minnow said .  i fished in one of those last year in michigan  and the ski option is worth the money. if my eskimo ever gives up im gonna buy the shappell
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Thanks for the tips. Looks like skis are in my future.

bcann

• View Profile
Where can some one interested in the skies fot the sheppel shanty get a set.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
They came with the DX 4000. You can get them on shapells website. http://www.shappell.com/s3000partsaccspp.html. 28 bucks. But I'll tell ya, in deep snow it's still like pullin a brick. The 3000 might not be so bad. Mine weighs 74 lbs and it kicked my ass at the Berlin tourney last week. Pulled like nothing was there today on the slush ice. Hope this helps.

Vexilar